NOVA Corporation is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation.
NOVA Corporation is dedicated to providing outstanding services to its customers and employees. Our strength is in our ability to understand our client’s needs and deliver a solution that will not only meet those needs but exceed their expectations.
NOVA Corporation strives to be innovative in all areas of business and is committed to technical excellence. Our corporate offices are located on the Navajo Nation reservation in Window Rock, Arizona, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Columbia, Maryland.
NOVA Corporation provides unique, custom solutions to meet our customers’ communications needs. Our solutions provide communication capabilities using modern technology. At their most complex, they are multi-purpose systems that gather information from dozens of different sources. The information is presented to decision makers immediately, visually, clearly.
NOVA Corporation will accommodate individuals with disabilities that need assistance applying for open positions.
- Manage and maintain currently supported and subsequent versions of Oracle Database Software on physical and virtual operating environments.
- Provide technical oversight and consultation as required.
- Install, configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot Oracle Database Environments and associated components.
- Perform backups in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, and guidance and ensure backup failures are properly addressed.
- Ensure Database environments are properly configured and functioning with specified network and storage components and provided tool suites.
- Adequately validate functionality subsequent to database components and modifications.
- Exhibit effective and professional interpersonal skills to include written and oral communications.
- Possess Oracle/SQL/Perl/C++ scripting skills.
- Analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose to ensure database optimization, integrity, availability, and functionality are within prescribed timelines.
- Document processes, procedures, and activities as required.
- Interact with service desks, technical staff, and customers to resolve database technical problems or provide information.
- Use provided ticket management system as directed to properly document and resolve database problems.
- Provide required support for disaster recovery efforts (real or simulated).
- Properly handle documents according to appropriate regulations and guidance including, but not limited to, classification level.
- Adhere to all applicable government and security requirements, processes, and regulations.
- Provide callback and after-hours support as needed.
- 4+ years experience in IT, including experience as an analyst, system administrator, developer, configurator or DBA
- 2+ years supporting Oracle E-Business Suite ERP implementations
- 2+ years experience as Oracle applications DBA, 11i or R12, RDBMS 11G/12c, RAC, OAS/WebLogic
- 2+ years experience GRID, RMAN, DataGuard, Concurrent Manager, OAM, OEM and related technologies
- 2+ years experience with UNIX/LINUX
- Experience with disk technologies (RAID, SAN, etc)
- Experience in PL/SQL, Java, SOA, BPEL, Enterprise Service Bus/Messaging, BAM, OBIEE a plus
- Experience with DISA STIGs
- CompTia Security+ Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Equivalent work experience with the project’s specific application suite and development tools
All qualified candidates must be a US Citizen and currently have a Top Secret Clearance
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or equivalent