NOVA Corporation is 100% tribally owned by the Navajo Nation.
NOVA Corporation is dedicated to providing outstanding services to its customers and employees. Our strength is in our ability to understand our client’s needs and deliver a solution that will not only meet those needs but exceed their expectations.
NOVA Corporation strives to be innovative in all areas of business and is committed to technical excellence. Our corporate offices are located on the Navajo Nation reservation in Window Rock, Arizona, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Columbia, Maryland.
NOVA Corporation provides unique, custom solutions to meet our customers’ communications needs. Our solutions provide communication capabilities using modern technology. At their most complex, they are multi-purpose systems that gather information from dozens of different sources. The information is presented to decision makers immediately, visually, clearly.
NOVA Corporation will accommodate individuals with disabilities that need assistance applying for open positions.
- Direct experience working in and with network switches and routers.
- Performs maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of issues.
- Resolve routine network problems; operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment, and network simulators.
- Monitors data or voice system networks for various messages, alarms, or issues. Activates scripts as alarms occur or issues surface. Confirms accuracy of messages, alarms or issues and/or determines severity of problem, issue or alarm. Initiates resolution as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots problems using scripts and standard, routine procedures; escalates as appropriate. Researches issues to determine if problem may be resolved using predefined procedures.
- Resolves basic issues; documents the results. Communicates occurrence of alarms or issues and resulting actions taken to resolve or escalate problem.
- Executes scheduled maintenance routines in accordance with standard procedures. Identifies issues or problems and resolves as appropriate; escalates when necessary
- Activates/deactivates network lines according to established schedules.
- Performs first- and/or second-level problem determination (first level is help desk).
- Interfaces with users and/or network vendors.
- Network and switch technician supporting Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) secure telecommunications and conferencing for Command Control (C2) crisis management
- The mission of this Defense customer is to support high quality multi-level secure voice capabilities, interfaces for dissimilar cryptographic systems, and conferencing requirements. Discipline or related area of expertise, exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: hardware/software, concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Performs duties such as site surveys, system evaluation, system analysis, architecture, and infrastructure assessment.
- Applies and/or develops advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts. Often acts independently to re- solve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Plans R&D programs and recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Can follow detailed work instructions
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN WITH A TOP SECRET/SCI CLEARANCE AND CI POLYGRAPH
At least 5 years of experience being directly responsible for the following:
- Understanding of router and switch technology.
- Understanding of networking and networking infrastructure.
- Cisco UCM 6.x through 8.x
- Unity Connection and Unity Unified Messaging
- IP Contact Center Enterprise
- Voice Gateways
- Quality of Service
- Managerial/leadership experience required.
- Shall possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients
- Familiarity with Department of Defense security requirements as applied to their subject matter.
- Exceptions may be made for specific individuals with specialized knowledge or skills in certain circumstances at the discretion of the Government
- BA/BS in Technical Discipline, i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, etc. (IT Field)
- 10+ Years of experience, including 5-7 years of telecommunications and networking experience
- 5+ Years of Management experience
- Certification in Security, i.e., Security+ or IAT II to support an important government customer in Fort Meade, Maryland.