Master Contract Number: N00178-19-D-9243
Period of Performance: 01/02/19 – 01/01/24; Base Period: 01/02/24-01/01/29
Overview: Seaport Next Generation (NxG) is a multiple-award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle. Task orders issued on this contract vehicle will support Naval Sea Systems Command, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, Naval Supply Systems Command, Military Sealift Command, Naval Facilities Command, the Office of Naval Research, and the U.S. Marine Corps.
“SeaPort” is the electronic procurement tool by which all Navy and Marine Corps contracting offices can obtain services through competitive and efficient means. Task Order requirements are developed, solicited, awarded and administered all within the SeaPort Portal.
“SeaPort-NxG” is both the electronic module within the SeaPort Portal as well as the set of Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Multiple Award Contracts (MACs) that is available for use in conducting competitive procurements among its vendor participants.
All potential SeaPort-NxG task orders shall offer a fair consideration/opportunity in accordance with FAR 16 to all SeaPort MAC holders. No sole source work, direct ordering to a vendor or exceptions to FAR 16 Fair Opportunity are allowable in SeaPort. In the event a valid basis to not offer a fair opportunity exists, an alternative (non-SeaPort-NxG) contracting method will be used.
Only Authorized Ordering Offices may place orders under SeaPort-NxG. Currently, only Navy Activities are authorized to place orders.
All contract awards have the same terms and conditions and reflect a maximum Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) and Pass Through rate of 8%.
The SeaPort-NxG contract vehicle furthers the Navy’s objective to increase efficiency and allows geographically dispersed organizations with diverse technical support requirements and missions to tailor their requirements within a specific task order.
- 5-year Base period with one 5-year option
- 2 Jan 2019 – 1 Jan 2024
- 2 Jan 2024 – 1 Jan 2029
- Task Order performance periods can be up to 5 years
- 23 functional areas spanning engineering support and program management support services
- Several contract types available – fixed price, cost reimbursement, award fee, incentive fee, and labor hour terms
- No contract access fee
- Prime contractors may add unlimited number of small or large business partners to their teams
Engineering Support Services
- Engineering, System Engineering, and Safety and Process Engineering Support
- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- In-Service Engineering, Fleet Introduction, Installation and Checkout and Provisioning Support
- Measurement Facilities, Range, and Instrumentation Support
- Interoperability, Test and Evaluation, Trials Support
- Research and Development Support
- Modeling, Simulation, Stimulation, and Analysis Support
- Prototyping, Pre-Production, Model-Making, and Fabrication Support
- System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Support
- Inactivation and Disposal Support
- Biochemical Engineering Support
Program Management Support Services
- Financial Analysis and Budget Support
- Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- Functional and Direct Programmatic Administrative Support
- Professional Development and Training Support
- Analytical and Organizational Assessment Support
- Database Administrators
- Public Affairs and Multimedia Support
- Logistics Support
- Configuration Management (CM) Support
- Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
- Computer Systems Analysts
Business Contact: Calista Pinnecoose, President, North Stone | Email: email@example.com | Phone: (703) 618-2233
Contracts Contact: Sarah Young, Director of Contracts, DDC | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 240-848-0051